ARMUNITY: Armenian Community Health and Wellness Program
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
1540 E. Colorado Street
Glendale, CA 91205
ARMUNITY helps individuals and families in the Armenian community of Los Angeles find and receive quality mental health care. Made possible through a grant from the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, Armunity is developing integrated community healthcare to better serve Armenians in Glendale and surrounding areas.
Didi Hirsch ARMUNITY staff and community partners coordinate support groups, presentations, cultural events and other key services. By providing a path toward healing in a supportive environment, our staff helps individuals and families identify health, addiction and wellness issues and guides them to a healthier, happier and more productive life.
- Individual, family and couples counseling
- Substance abuse treatment (outpatient/inpatient)
- Presentations, workshops and seminars on health and wellness
- Community support groups
- Case management
- Medication management
- Access to medical doctors / chiropractors and alternative health practitioners
- Cultural awareness programs
Los Angeles LGBT Center
116 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles 323-468-1044
1625 Schrader Blvd. Los Angeles 323-993-7400
The Los Angeles LGBT Center began services to the community in 1969. Today the Center’s more than 450 employees and 3,000 volunteers provide services for more LGBT people than any other organization in the world through programs that span four broad categories:
- Health services – including HIV/STD testing and prevention, primary care, mental health services, substance abuse/addiction recovery
- Social services and Housing services- including youth/family/senior services, legal services, coming out support.
- Cultural and educational services- including Charter high school, adult education, and scholarships.
- Leadership and Advocacy to advance the civil rights and freedoms for LGBT people
Additional resources for services:
The LA LGBT center offers a list of resources as a service to the LGBT Community. This list includes many LGBT resources, services and programs in the community and it can be accessed through: www.lalgbtcenter.org/resouce_links