GALAS is currently working with two non-profit orgnaizations:
- IMCES (Institute for Multicultural Counseling and Education Services)
- The ARMunity program through Didi Hirsch.
IMCES (Institute for Multicultural Counseling and Education Services)
IMCES is a non-profit organization which provides:
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Community Outreach
- Parenting classes
- Domestic Violence Classes
- Life skills Activities
- Benefits establishment
- Employment and Education Services
- Client supportive services
IMCES has committed to provide services to clients striving to achieve stability and self-sufficiency. The purpose of the partnership between GALAS and IMCES is to collaborate in providing a unique community-designed integrated service management model to integrate physical health, mental health and substance abuse services for the Eastern-European and Middle-Eastern communities. This partnership is a part of the holistic network of culturally relevant wellness practices.
Please feel free to contact IMCES at 213-381-1250, and visit the IMCES website for more information at www.imces.org.
ARMunity program through Didi Hirsch
ARMUNITY provides an opportunity for members of the Armenian Community, healthcare providers, community leaders and churches to come together to examine the resources and needs of the Armenian Community to facilitate access to medical, mental health and addiction treatment services.
Didi Hirsch and the staff recognize the stigma associated with mental
health and substance abuse treatment and services and provide
culturally appropriate outreach, education and guidance to
individuals, families and the community to promote healthier, happier
and more productive lives.
Arsineh Ararat, Program Coordinator
818-244-7257 X 137
1540 East Colorado Street
Glendale, CA 91205
In an effort to help the Armenian and GLBT communities, GALAS is making available two yearly $1,000 scholarships to eligible students.
- One $1,000 GALAS Scholarship is available to all college students (current or high school seniors) of Armenian descent and who are actively involved in an organization that benefits the GLBT community. Applicants must attend (or plan to attend) an accredited university or college in California. GALAS scholarship application packet is due on or before February 28th.
- One $500 scholarship is available through the partnership of GALAS and GALAA (Gay and Lesbian Allied Administrators). This scholarship is awarded to high school seniors, who are pursuing higher education and are actively involved in at least one organization benefitting the GLBT community. The application packet for this scholarship is due on April 30th.
- For full guidelines and information, please download the application from the GALAS website.
- France (www.agla.info)
- New York (www.aglany.org)
- San Francisco/Bay Area (www.q-hye.net)
- Sydney (www.geocities.com/haigay_sydney/)